Sunday, September 6, 2009

Another Day

Dave's doctor appointment went well. He had a CT scan and some blood work done. The blood work shows that his elevated liver functions have dropped, which is a good sign. I believe that means that his liver doesn't have to work as hard to keep him alive. The CT scan shows that the main tumor has grown to 16.5 cm. However the lymphnodes haven't grown since they registered in at 8 cm (end to end). Dr. Watson mentioned at his July 1st visit that the first CT scan that they would take would likely show(as it did) that the tumor had grown. I think that is because there was time between the last scan they did and the TheraSphere. (So the tumor had time to grow before the medication was administered.)

Dave is doing alright. He has some ups and some downs. It is hard for me, as it is for many of you, to see him on his bad days. One of Dave's best friends, Matt Packard (the man my husband is named for), helped me put this difficult situation into perspective with something that he said. Matt said, "Our Heavenly Father does not take lives by accident. When someone we love passes away, it is always on purpose." I think that has helped me to realize that my father-in-law is being watched over and protected. No matter how bad it seems to me right now, there is a bigger plan. Dave is destined for greater things than I can imagine, whether it be in this life or the next.

Tonight, I would ask you all to keep him in your prayers. Since his tumor is inoperable, I am praying that he doesn't suffer much more than he already has. I know that our Heavenly Father has the power to work miracles. I know that if it is His will, He will be able to heal Dave.

Thank you all for the love, support, and prayers. God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. I keep praying for Dave, morning and night, and asking for the Lord to heal him. I know if it's the Lord's will, and we have the faith, it can happen, even now. I also know that when his work on earth is done, the Lord will take Dave home, where he will continue to serve others and make them happy to be around his infectious, joyful personality. I pray for a blessing of peace and the feeling of the Lord's great love for Dave and for his family to be with them every day during this lifetime. Knowing the Lord is so aware of them, and ever faithful to give His strength and love, is a comfort to me. I am ever your friend and love you, Dave and family.
    Jeralyn Lambourne

    ReplyDelete